The Many Adventures of Lil Bud

My life stories do not reflect the ideas, feelings, nor position of the Peace Corps nor US gov't and should be regarded as separate and private.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Che avy'a Paraguaype! :)

I know...I know...TANTO TIEMPO!!!! It's been way too long...

Things here are fabulous! I started teaching computer classes recently in my neighborhood in my contact's house...we have three computers and right now I have 5 classes every Tuesday and Thursday - it's tiring, but soooo worth it! It's so funny that people just assume that I'm capable of teaching ANYTHING, but so far, I've got them fooled ;) It's only a basics course at this point, and I'm certainly versed in the basics! Good thing I've had so many jobs that required me to use a variety of Microsoft programs, haha. Oooo, and I learned how to use Paint here - fabulous program to help teach kids how to use a mouse! And a great way to color/draw without wasting paper!!

Still teaching English in the high school and municipality and tutoring the little ones....the girls soccer team is being lazy about practicing, but we still have tournaments - all the glory, none of the hard work ;) hahaha... Started working with a home for children without parents...makes me think of my foster care days. It's amazing - one family has made it's home a home for 28 children!!! And now they're working towards building a larger place more conducive to housing such a large number of kids. It is truly a work of love and pure altruism. Impresionante!

My Guarani is coming along. My profe, Norma, is a good friend of mine and she teaches Guarani and Spanish in a couple different schools...I have the luck of having free tutoring sessions with her every monday morning. She says she wants more students like me because I'm so motivated and excited about learning... Che avy'a astudiahina ha'e ndive (I'm happy to be studying with her) :)

Had a fabulous birthday! My host family from Guarambare came (for the first time) and my mom brought me a cake. We went to the villa to have lunch with everyone because it was also dia de san miguel and they always close the street and do a big lunch and have a party (it's our patron saint day). Then I took my family, for their first time ever, to the movies. Saw Agent 86 :) It was wonderful!! That night I had what turned into a house party...had planned on a few friends no mas, but once people know there's something going on.... So we danced and had a great time. Cleaning up the next day would be my only complaint. hahaha And so far, my 31st year of life has been going well :)

I hope to have pics to post soon... In the meantime, I have recent pics on my Orkut account - orkut.com (everyone here uses Orkut, it's like Myspace or Facebook) You can look for me using my full name no mas.

Hope all is well on your side of the globe.
Che rohaihu,
Lorien

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry said...

Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" comes to mind :)

Luv ya Darlin',
garry

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home