The Many Adventures of Lil Bud

My life stories do not reflect the ideas, feelings, nor position of the Peace Corps nor US gov't and should be regarded as separate and private.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Already January, eh? Feels more like March with these balmy temps...

It's been nice being home - relaxing, catching up with friends and family, and getting myself ready for Peace Corps. In the next month I'll be going to DC, Texas, and Chicago to see friends and family and give a few final hugs (no I'm not dying), so I've already started figuring out what I need to take, reading up on Paraguay, brushing up on my Spanish, and trying to teach myself a few words in Guarani (not easy)! My only disappointment - no snow in Michigan!! It's a crime, really ;)

As much as some days I feel pretty nervous...I'm mostly just excited. I remind myself that there are 150 volunteers already serving in Paraguay and I'll be going with a new group of at least 15 or 20 I imagine, so I'm certainly not alone! Besides, I'm pretty adaptable ;)

While things might be a bit busy the next month, I am around...so feel free to shoot and email or give me a call (at my mom's) because pretty soon I'll be going back to being more out of touch.

Hope you all had a safe and fun NYE celebration and whatever holiday you might/might not celebrate this time of year. And I hope you ate your black eyed peas today....they're good luck!

Lots o love,
Lor

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

lor- greant to see you

7:59 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

oops .... meant to say it was great to see you last week. hope that DC and other travels are great. good luck with all the preparations for paraguay!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home