The Many Adventures of Lil Bud

My life stories do not reflect the ideas, feelings, nor position of the Peace Corps nor US gov't and should be regarded as separate and private.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Guess Where???

Give up? I´ll give you a hint....Trebíc....still no?? Czech Repbulic...South of Praha (Prague), between Cesky Krumlov and Brno. Ahhhh, you say, I know exactly where that is! lol ;)

Praha....gorgeous does not begin to describe this city. We stayed in a hostel at the bottom of Petrin Park....at the top were amazing views of the city and a beauty all itś own....a perfect location. The castle...the parks...the bridges...all of the Jewish Quarter...the Spanish Synagoge....all just ridiculously gorgeous. There must have been a billion tourists in town, but it was still somewhere I´d like to visit again.

And then there was Cesky Krumlov....tiny, quaint town....I could have stayed a week! Relaxing, beautiful....still touristy, but not overwhelmingly so. We watched a folk band play in the town square...they sang in Czech, but we definitely recognized some of the songs. If I were to go back, I would rent a kayak and head down the river...it looked like a great time!

And now weŕe in Trebíc....not exactly charming, but itś quiet and the hostel is brand new (clean!) ;) There is definitely more of a language barrier here....we are pointing and signing as best we can though. lol. Tomorrow weŕe off to Vienna for a night, and then itś on to Budapest.

Itś definitely been a bit whirlwindy...but I´m enjoying seeing the country side from the train (can I say, I love the train!!) and checking out all the different towns and cities. I´ve honestly been surprised at how built up it seems here (Cz Rep) and how beautiful so many of the homes are with their orange-red roofs and brightly colored exteriors. I was not surprised by all the beautiful farmland though.....ah, farms...I am certainly looking forward to some time on the farm in Greece....a day trip here and there will be all we need to plan for....how relaxing!!

Hope youŕe all doing well ;) Thanks for reading!
Sending love from beautiful Czech Republic,
Lor

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I told you that you'd absolutely love Praha! Ah...reminiscing about my trip there earlier this year though you! And yes, I do know where somewhere b/w Cesky Krumlov and Brno is! haha

Hopefully next time I can see cesky krumlov...but yes, I will definitely try to make it back to Prague.

on to Wien...and the danube! Mozarthaus was a interesting...be sure not to miss!

xoxo from pittsburgh!
Jeff

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home